Tue, Jul 18|
Composition, Color, and Value July 18th
What is the most important aspect of creating art? Composition? Color? Value? Idea? Would it surprise you to know they are all just as equally important?
Time & Location
Jul 18, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Washougal, 814 SE 357th Ave, Washougal, WA 98671, USA
About the event
Notes on Composition- We will also be working on Color and Value
We will be focusing on 9 compositions for this class.
1. Horizontal-Produces a feeling of peace and harmony. Adds depth and space to a painting
2. Vertical-Creates rhythm and strength
3. Diagonal-Use for movement and intensity
6. S Curve
9. Overlapping (grid)
Additional compositions-Radiating, Organic marks or meandering, Circular, Strata, Unbalanced, Balanced, Group mass, Curvilinear, Spot Triangular, Tension, Constellation, Asymetrical, L composition, etc.
The Golden Mean (AKA rule of thirds) for your focal point
I create with total abandon when I start my art. I don’t try to analyze or determine any direction until I am at least 3/4 of the way through the process.
Layer, texture, line, and bold strokes to start.
Ways to emphasize your focal point
1. Pop of color (accent color 10% or less)
2. Leading lines (could be trees, roads, etc.
3. Change of scale-Use a large bold area to signify importance
4. Creating differences-size, color, shape, etc
5. Put more negative space around the focal point
6. Use of pattern to highlight
Composition, Color, and Value
We will be doing a deep dive into composition, color, and value so that you have not only the principals, but the learned knowledge to create stunning artwork
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
QUESTION, COMMENTS, CUSTOM ORDERS?
Address: 814 SE 357th Ave Washougal, WA 98671
© 2023 Art by Tamara Dinius and Women, Wine, and Words. All Images are the property of the artists and are protected by copyright. No image can be used without the written permission of the artist.